Wednesday, December 16, 2009

MASTER CARPENTER...


Happy holidays all! Got a little story for yah about how I became a master carpenter...'s helper over the weekend and got to spend some QT in the country with my brother in the process. It all started this fall when Anne and i saw some rad farm tables at the Brooklyn Flea Market made by this super cool store called Olde Good Things. They make furniture out of old reclaimed lumber so... I got an idea to make one myself. It so happens that there's an architectural salvage company in RVA called Caravati's that has tons of reclaimed heart pine from homes built turn of the century. I went down there and got what i needed and brought it to my bro's house where began planing (like with a planer), table sawing, glueing, clamping, drilling and nailing it in his wood shop until we had transformed it into a Bistro Farm Table of my very own. It turned out stylish, beautiful and STURDY (I'm typing on it now)!!! Just thought I'd share. Families are cool. Thanx Ricky!

C U.
-joel


No comments: